"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"~Will Rogers

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Why do you feel this way?

This is what I was asked recently by a Pitty person. Why I was so against Pitbulls. It hurts like hell to get bitten by a dog. I can't imagine the pain to be killed by one.
2 of our dog(now passed on) didn't get along. Maura, the psycho Irish Setter from hell-hubby's dog..and Cinnamon, my Dogue de Bordeaux. Maura always initiated the attacks. Cinnamon wouldn't back down from it. A bitch fight is nasty. Hubby was as irrational about Maura as a typical pitty person. Finally the incident happened which got hubby to agree the the crate and rotate. All the dogs slept in our room. They found a place wherever. Maura was on the bed. It was dark. Cinnamon tried to get on the bed and must have stepped on Maura. The fight broke out. I reached down to grab Maura, screaming at hubby to grab Cinnamon. As he jumped up to turn on the light, Cinnamon tore into my arm trying to get at Maura. It hurt! After that, I told hubby(since he didn't want to get rid of Maura, we needed to keep them separated or we needed a divorce. Actually for a few years Maura went to live with my sister-in-law, then came back. They spent the rest of their lives separated.
So because of that experience, and the callous way Pitty People have about when a person or pet gets injured or killed by one of their dogs, is why I am passionate about this and will ensure the average JPQ doesn't get sugarcoated about Pitbulls!